Monday, June 1, 2009

Week End Wrap Up

I had a full day planned on Saturday, so Lil’ Bird and I decided to get pedi’s, take a walk, and call it a night early Friday. It was hard to do, however, as we walked by the West Glen Friday at the Fountains… Beer, Music, Fun… But we held strong. I didn’t quite make it to bed as early as I wanted, however, because I decided to finish a movie I had startedthe night before (Slum Dog Millionaire) and put in a new one (The Secret Lives of Bees)… Both were great!

While I was watching the movies though, I decided that my beautiful, newly pedi’d toes just weren’t quite shiney enough… so I decided to put on an extra top coat. Well, for some reason it turned the polish yellow… so I had to completely repaint them. I was pissed, but it was my own stupid fault.

Saturday night, the girls and I met for dinner and football! We went to Centro downtown and had a perfect table at the bar by the window that allowed us to give our Style/Cosmopolitan/Glamour like critiques on each unsuspecting person that walked by… Those poor, poor people.

We got to the game after start (Kick off, Tip Off?? jk), in the grand tradition of girls… begrudgingly got overpriced beers while talking shit to the bartenders and headed off to find our seats in the “Cheapest Seats” section. We decided that since we wouldn’t be able to see plays (not that I would have any idea what a “play” was anyway…) without binoculars, why not just stay on the top and sit in the handicap section where we could have as much room as we wanted to make ourselves comfortable. So, there we were, four girls completely unaware of the game being played and anyone around us, with our legs hiked up on the railing comparing whose legs are softer.

I think we left the game sometime right after half time and on the way out to our car, something exciting happened. I discoved an unattended stage. I feel like I am destined for big things, so when an opportunity like that presents itself, I am not one to turn it down. So, up on the stage I went to put on a great little song and dance number for my friends and anyone else who happened to be there. I am sure they all enjoyed it, as much I enjoyed putting it on.

Sunday was so beautiful, so Lil’ Bird and I went to West Glen and sat outside by the fountains for a while, then daydreamed our way through some open houses in that area. I did find my dream apartment though… it was an awesome loft apartment with huge ceilings and an patio overlooking West Glen and since I am a single, independent, professional woman, I fully intend to live there someday and when I do, I will personally invite you to my loft-warming party.

No comments: