Friday, June 12, 2009

I'll Show Them

I am not a tucker… as in a tucker inner of shirts. When I tuck in shirts, I feel like I am trying too hard… to be what? I don’t know.

At my new office we have casual Fridays (something my old office strictly prohibited). So, since every Friday I just wear jeans, I feel like I need to change it up in the shirt department. As I was rummaging through my closet *read: black hole* this morning I found a shirt that I got from White House Black Market that I haven’t wore in probably a year. It is one of those shirts that are like one piece swimming suits… they have the clasp in the “crotchel” area. The point of the shirt is that it won’t untuck. (Brings back memories of shopping at County Seat and rockin my crotchel clasp shirt to VBS when I was about 12.) So, on a whim I chose it.

This stupid shirt is totally throwing me off and I think that people are secretly talking about how much I look like a douchebag. I am normally not one to care what people think, as long as I feel good… everyone is entitled to their opinion, after all. But, today, I would like to crawl under my desk until it is time to go home. The good news is, if I do that, thanks to the clasps, nothing will come untucked!

As a matter of fact, maybe that is what I will do… show those judgers all the great things I can do without my shirt coming untucked... If you need me, I will be moving boxes and doing jumping jacks in the hallway.

No comments: