Wednesday, June 24, 2009

You Tell ‘Em Mr. President!


I am a big fan of straightforwardness, or not “pissing on my back and tell me it’s raining”, if you will… Which is why today, in this week’s episode of “Wednesday Woot Woot*does raise the roof motion* we are honoring our very own President Mr. Barack Obama!


In the most recent press conference Obama held to discuss health care, the Iranian elections and energy policy he, in typical fashion, was just telling it like it is and I loved it!


A few of my favorite examples:

“Look, the -- you know, I think John McCain has genuine passion about many of these international issues. And, you know, I think that all of us share a belief that we want justice to prevail.
But only I'm the president of the United States. And I've got responsibilities in making certain that we are continually advancing our national security interests and that we are not used as a tool to be exploited by other countries. “

In your face John McCain - you better know your role, boy!!

Then, when asked why he won’t spell out the consequences from the International Community should the human rights violations continue he said, “Because I think that we don't know yet how this thing is going to play out. I know everybody here is on a 24-hour news cycle. I'm not. OK?”

Clearly, Mr. President doesn’t give a rats ass if Chuck Todd isn’t meeting his news deadlines!
Woot! Woot!

No comments: