Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Brief Pause For A Serious Charlie-Girl

I, like everyone else, look in the mirror and see every one of my flaws. Some are very valid and some are completely in my head, but I am affected by my reflection in the same way that each of us are when we look in a mirror.
I look at my life and the choices that I have made and I see failures and regret. I also see strength and courage. I know that I am not the regrets of my past, the culmination of broken relationships, or the insecurities of my flaws. I choose to be capable and I choose to be strong.
Today, act “as if”. Act as if you were brave, act as if you were happy, act as if you loved the way you look. You might surprise yourself and find out that you really are brave, you really are happy and you really are beautiful.

No comments: