Thursday, June 4, 2009

Misplaced Emotions

During a movie, when everyone else is crying, I am dry as a bone. In situations when the normal person would be moved to tears because of a sad event… nothing.

But, old people just get to me; I tell you what. I just overheard a conversation of an elderly gentleman and presumable an incoming call center employee. He apparently had ordered something, under the assumption that he could truly return it after the 30-day trial, should he not like it… and she wasn’t have it. He repeatedly said he wasn’t going to pay and that he didn’t want the product and he was so polite about it. I wanted to run into his office, grab the phone, handle that little bitch and hold him in a big hug and tell him it would be ok… While I am sure he would have been thankful for my “get the job done” attitude and how effectively I handled his problem… It is safe to say he would have also thought I was bat shit crazy.

*Disclaimer: Old people on the road are fair game… Emotions don’t exist in the driver’s seat.*

No comments: