Friday, June 5, 2009

A Trail Of Breadcrumbs

I often take roads that I don’t know simply because I am not sure where they lead. Generally I do this, however, on a Sunday afternoon with a cup of coffee in my hand and time to spare.

Last night I was on my phone, not paying attention to the time and left my apartment way to early to go to church. By the time I realized it, I was halfway of the parking lot… so I decided to just go for a little drive. Well, I ended up getting so lost! Somehow I was in West Des Moines one minute and Des Moines the next on a road that I have heard of, but not familiar with and there was nothing around.

Frantically I checked my gas guage, made sure my cell phone was fully charged, and started to consider what I had in my vehicle to use for an emergency kit, when I realized that I had in fact passed a town about a half mile back and I am pretty sure that I can walk that far in seventy degree weather.

No comments: