Friday, May 29, 2009

No Thanks, I Am Not Thirsty, Anymore...

My meth-like addiction to coffee has been well document throughout this blog. I would start with a cup first thing in the morning , continue through the day, and my last pot would go on about 8:30 at night. I would only drink a bottle of water while I was at the gym… and I literally mean, just one bottle.

I looked up the nutrition facts and since I fed my addiction “straight up” with no cream or sugar… I convinced myself that I was practically drinking water all day.

Recently I embarked on a new adventure that requires me to drink copious amounts of water throughout the day. Being fully committed to the project, I had to make a choice, as trying to maintain both beverages would surely require me to spend the majority of my day sitting on a toilet… and I am proud to announce that since Monday, I have limited myself to two eight ounce cups of coffee in the morning…. Each and every one of those ounces are enjoyed.

The switch has not come without challenges though… Surprisingly the normal withdrawal symptoms you would think I would have like caffeine headaches have not been an issue, no, the challenges are due to the stupid water. First, I am like a toddler… I can barely make it 30 minutes without having to take a potty break… and, the water bottle I chose is not at all conducive to my lip gloss tendencies.

I recognize that most of the problem is my attitude, as I truly did love that hot, aromatic, tasty cup of heaven… and I am just going to have to get over it… But, I am NOT happy about it.

No comments: