Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Say Cheese!

Generally speaking, I am not one to shy away from a camera… In fact, I have a “Go To” pose that takes about 1.2 seconds for me to get into.

My affinity to the camera, however, dwindled when I received a picture of myself allegedly running a red light. It wasn’t blatant, as I wasn’t going straight... it was a “Right on Red” situation. Doesn’t the fact that you can go right on red mean, in fact, that you can GO right on red? I don’t remember seeing any signs saying that I have to fully stop THEN go right… It was pointed out to me that apparently in a driver’s ed text book, long long ago, it probably did spell out this rule… even if it is not posted now.

In any case, I wasn’t going to just accept this assumed violation from still photos. Prove it, I thought to myself… Well, apparently the Clive Police Department was a step ahead of me and posted the live video for my viewing pleasure.

Caught. Red. Handed. I barely paused.

Apparently, in every situation, it is a good idea to be camera ready.

No comments: