Thursday, May 28, 2009

Un-Domestic Goddess


In my single (selfish) life I don’t always see a need to purchase certain household items that one would normally keep on hand… Actually, let me rephrase, I see the need to purchase it, however, keeping it stocked is not always a priority.

For instance, my friends, on occasion, have been upset with me for not having toilet paper. Now, before you judge, I always *read: usually* have something in lieu of that item, like paper towels. But, I will admit, there has been a few times while leaving a restaurant that I suggested they grab as many napkins as they could smuggle out if they intended to relieve themselves at my place.

Why not just stop at the store and get toilet paper? Well, going to the store when I have other things planned is a pain in my ass! Why not buy in bulk? Because I am cheap! Why not just think ahead and get it while on regularly scheduled store outings? Sometimes I forget!

It just so happens that every single time my friend Lindso comes over, I am fresh out of TP. And each time this happens, she gets more angry. To make matters worse, my most recent TP Offense happened to be when she was incredibly hung over and she just wasn’t having it. Her reaction not only scared me a bit, but it made me a little embarrassed of my perpetual lack of the paper product. So, I vowed right then and there to keep it on stock.

Please know, though, that I fully intent to hide every shred of it when she is visiting…

No comments: