Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Perspective

It is funny how big things seem when you are in the moment, but how in a week, a month or sometimes a little longer they are so insignificant.

When I was in junior high I was completely and hopelessly in love with a boy named Derek… I really thought the best course of action for my life at that time would be to become his wife and have lots of babies and with that I would live happily ever after. He ended up leaving… (The rumor was that he was sent away to a “prison island”) and I was forced to figure out a new path for my life… but during that time I was pretty much heartbroken.

Last night I was doing some random facebook people searching and he popped into my mind… but I couldn’t look him up, because for the life of me I cannot remember his last name. I was ready to become a wife at the age of 12, yet his name escapes me… this is a clear indication that he truly meant a lot to me.

It actually gives me a great deal of hope! Not that I am going through anything significant right now, but it puts hurts, offenses, and situations into perspective.

No comments: