Monday, July 20, 2009

Two Kinds of Women


I have a lot to say today. Clearly I do, because this is my third post. I blame it on the weekend, I must still be feeling a little randy from the weekend.

Anyway, back to the issue at hand. According to my friend* Steve Harvey, there are two kinds of woman in the world.

Sports Fish and Keepers. Allow me to explain.

Sports Fish: The thrill of the catch is so much fun. You might have to work hard to reel the fish in, but once you get it out examine how good it looks, maybe take a few pictures, show it to a few friends, you just throw it back in the water and catch something else.

Keepers: The catch is just as exciting and as with the sports fish you have to work hard to reel the fish in. But, this time, you decide to take it home, clean it, cook it, and put it on your plate. It was good enough for that kind of effort.

Sometimes I want to be the Sports Fish. I’m just saying. But, in my head, you don’t throw me back in, I wiggle around a lot and finally escape out of your stupid dirty little fisherman hands.

Current perception of recent time spent wanting to be a keeper: 70% **
Current perception of recent time spent wanting to be a Sports fish: 30%**

*not really a friend at all, in fact I don’t even know him
**Percentages fluctuate weekly. No, daily. Actual could be minute to minute.

No comments: