Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Singing Llama - Birthday Week - Day 2


When I was little my mom used to sing me this song:


Why do birds suddenly appear
Every time you Charlie is near?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to Charlieeeeeeee.


Why do stars fall down from the sky
Every time Charlie walks by?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to Charlieeeeeeee.


*This second verse I don’t really remember hearing. She must have forgotten that one.


On the day that Charlie was born
The angels got together
And decided to create a dream come true
So they sprinkled moon dust in her hair of gold
And starlight in her eyes of blue.


That is why all the boys in town
Follow you all around.
Just like me, they long to be
Close to Charlieeeeeeee.


On the day that Charlie was born
The angels got together
And decided to create a dream come true
So they sprinkled moon dust in her hair of gold
And starlight in her eyes of blue.


That is why all the boys in town
Follow you all around.
Just like me, they long to be
Close to Charlieeeeeeee.
Just like me (Just like me)
They long to be
Close to Charlieeeeeeee.


As an adult I realize that my mom is completely and hopelessly tone deaf. She is type of singer, God bless her little heart, that ear plugs are made for.


But as a child, there wasn’t anything prettier than hearing my mamma sing my song.


I truly, a hundred percent believed that she wrote that song for me. Seriously. It was not until 2005, when I was riding in the back of an old boyfriend’s parents car driving through a State Park in Door County that I heard that song. At first I was pissed that she duped me into believing she wrote it! But, I forgave her and just sat in the back of the car and silently cried… because I missed her, and my song.



Happy Birthday Week, Mamma!!

No comments: