Friday, July 10, 2009

Delicious Little Evening

It is a little funny to me when I post things about "Girls Night" and "Private Me Time"... Because, my life is seemingly a perpetual cycle of girls nights and private me time! But, I think that is perfectly OK right now. I know that there will come a time when *should I admit it?* I will be ready to become a momma and I will be ready to share my time with someone else. But, until that day comes, I plan on enjoying me.
Last night after work I got a pedicure, and there was nobody else at the salon, so the girl actually took her time and did a really great job. While I sat and enjoyed the massage chair, I read a great book. The pedicure ended, but I wasn't quite ready to leave yet... I had nothing pressing to go to, after all, so I sat there and continued to get massaged and read my book. It was only until I realized that all the workers were staring at me, apparently waiting for me to leave, did I vacate my massage thrown and pay my bill.
Then, there is a Cafe/Cinema in an older part of Des Moines that I have always wanted to go to a movie at, but had never made it happen... So, last night I went and I LOVED it! Primarily because I saw a great movie and *drumroll* they made my cup of coffee with a coffee diffuser!!! (I know what you are thinking... that I gave up coffee, except for my two delicious dixie cups in the morning... But, I drank it black and it could have been way worse. Movie popcorn, hello!?) The only other time in my life I have had this freshly brewed amazingness if when I went to Xenia, Illinois with my family. Apparently, when you live in a pole barn, you do things a little differently, but in regards to coffee, much better. Xenia, Illinois was also the scene of a horrific incident with me and horse... but I will save that for another day.
After the movie, I drove around downtown Des Moines for no apparent reason and with no agenda... it was just a great night for a drive.
Those kind of nights are the very best kind of nights.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Puppy you amaze me.