Monday, July 13, 2009

Internalize

Here is an interesting *read: crazy* fact about me: When I do something a lot, I begin to internalize it into my brain and then project it onto everything I do. While that doesn’t sound too crazy yet… just wait for this little example. When I was 19 ish, I was receptionist for a Software Company and on slow days I would play Solitaire… After a solid day of Solitaire, when I went home to cook something for dinner I would first have to tell my brain that the hamburger was red and the grill was black and therefore, the hamburger could be laid on the grill. See, crazy. This also happened when I got sucked into Tetris. Before I could sit something down on a table, I would have to consider the shape of the object and whether or not it would complete my line.

Recently, I have been reading a lot. And, I have found that my internalizing issue has began to rear its ugly head. After I get done reading, as I go about my life and perform normal daily activities my mind starts this stupid ass internal dialog as if my life is the book.

I get up to continue laundry yesterday and my brain says, “Standing up, wearily from staying out a bit to late before, she heads to the laundry room…..”

As I was getting dressed: “Feeling refreshed, having showered and put on her favorite Coconut body cream, she grabs her favorite, perfectly worn in jeans…..”

Very clearly, I need a hobby. Preferably one with a lot of variation in activity.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sometimes i wonder how you make it through the day without your head winding around in circles and popping off to fly around the world and then come back and plop back down on your neck