Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Random Llamas - Birthday Week - Day 3

1. If I am away from my mom for too long, I forget what she looks like. I mean, I could pick her out in a crowd, but when I try to remember particular features, all I see is fuzziness. We have discussed this, she is fully aware.
2. My mom was so mad at me one time because she thought I stole her panty hose because all of my had holes in them… but really, I just hadn’t looked in my own drawer before I asked for hers. So, when I did look and I found a pair, she of course accused me of stealing. I think she still thinks I stole ‘em, but I swear I didn’t.

3. Having a babysitter when I was a kid was the best thing ever, because I never got to have one… so it was like a special treat. I think that says a lot about my mamma and how much she was there for me.

4. When I was on the dance squad we had to do this move where you just drop to the floor. You are standing there and then fall face first into a push up position. I know, pretty damn stupid right?! Well, I practiced this move at home as much as I could… by as much as I could I mean about one time, because I ended up bruising my chin and quit. So, when the time came to do the dance in front of the crowd at that basketball game, and I fell with terror in my face, and glided into the cheerleaders in front of me…. My mamma was there. Laughing at me. Really, really hard.

5. My mom and I stayed up all night with her Shar-Pei trying to deliver the puppies. We ended up having to take her to an emergency vet for a C-Section at some un-godly hour… While they performed the procedure my mom and I slept on the waiting room floor. Looking back on the situation, I can’t imagine what was on that floor… but at the time, we didn’t care, because we were so exhausted from making sure Prissy would be ok. That night would have been miserable, had we not been together.

No comments: