Saturday, April 3, 2010

Travel

Ello!! I made it to London! The first day of my trip was spent traveling... literally, the entire day. And, with that, since I am now a travel expert, I have some helpful hints... or in my new English accent... Elpful Ints.

1. When choosing a cozy location to begin an ungodly nine hour layover's worth of reading, DO NOT sit directly in front of the Arrival\Departure Board. All of those people eagerly walking up to you can cause quite a bit of confusion. While I did feel like I was seriously popular... all those people gathered around me the way they were... I was left with such an empty feeling as they walked away without so much as a Hello...

2. When you have had enough of the false attention and you realize that you have only killed about 45 minutes of your 9 hours, don't be afraid to leave the airport and go searching for a place to get a pedicure. When in need of killing time, a pedi is ALWAYS a great idea afterall... Further, don't be afraid to ask the girl at the salon if she minds if you just sit in the pedi chair for a while.... or three hours... or until someone else comes and they need the chair. I can assure you, it is much quieter than the stupid "Security Level Orange" announcements and the magazines are free.

3. To the traveling public: Please, please continue to indulge your childhood tendencies of putting on any and every article of clothing that you love. Continue to completely abandon any and all social standards regarding colors, patterns or most importantly... size. You are on vacation after all and you are certainly serving to entertain me on mine.

4. Dear traveling parents: Merriam Webster defines a germ as a small mass of living substance capable of developing into an organism. Admittedly, my tubes probably tied themselves every time a baby started to scream on the plane while I was trying to sleep... And I will admit, I am no expert at child rearing. However, I do know a thing or two about cleanliness and germs and the sight of those adorable little punks crawling around, bare flesh touching the floor, made me want to lose my complimentary mini pretzels. Have some standards, man. Really.

5. Don't fart on the plane. That's all. Just don't.

6. Finally, when you get to your destination, don't be overzealous with your attempt at showing how adept you are at taking direction. I knew I was sure to impress my big brother with how fast I made it to his place, practically running from station to station in the rain... But, then, it was as if I was being punked... No one was home?! Being the shy girl I am, I flagged some poor man on the street down, batting my sleepy eyes and used his cell phone... NO ANSWER... So then I sat and waited at Starbucks until my host woke up... I am pretty sure he was still impressed with my direction taking skills though...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you made it!! I hope you're having a great time... and I hope that #6 really didn't happen. See you on Saturday!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you i feel like i am there.