Monday, April 12, 2010

Sandy Snappers


You might assume that beer league volleyball teams don't practice in advance of the official game play and I would tend to assume the same... So, this morning, when I got an email from the team "Coach" that practice was at 7:00, I was a little surprised.

Moves like this, however, were not practiced... In fact, the "Coach" announced at one point that if she ends up in the sand, we need to help up her up, because she fell. She assured us that there will never be a time when she dives for the ball...

I would say we were operating, on average, about at a 30% effort level...

Good thing we have a about three more weeks of practice time. Because, by then, we might not be required to wear helmets...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does the name of this team coach happen to be Tammy?!?

Only she would have you guys practice.. but I'm a little surprised by her effort.. I thought she would be be one of those "rough" teammates that would be all over the place.. including the sand!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.