Friday, April 16, 2010

Motherly Chats

Each morning, on our way to our prospective jobs, my mom and I talk on the phone.


Today’s conversation went like this:


MTL*: So. I went on a date my last night!


CG: Oh yeah. With who?


MTL: My husband, your father. Dumb ass.


(Well, I think she said dumb ass, because the phone kind of cut out. It would be a safe assumption though, because she calls me a dumbass at least once during every phone conversation we have.)


CG: I see. Just making sure. How was it.


MTL: Oh, great. He is really cute and I totally tried to get it on with him, but he wouldn’t.


CG: *About to gag.*


MTL then proceeds to tell me all about her date…


MTL: So, did you have a date last night?


CG: Nope, I got nothin. Dry as a bone.


MTL: Probably because you are so ugly.


CG: Yes. Probably.


MTL: K. Gotta go! Love ya!


CG: *WTF just happened*



*MTL: Mamma the Llama... What she is and has been affectionately referred to for no reason at all that I can recall.

No comments: