Monday, April 5, 2010

City Explorations

For the past two days Kristopher has given me a crash course and overview of London. I love this city. It is so beautiful and busy and interesting... I love that I can look at a building that has been here for hundreds of years and know that it has a million stories to tell and then look across the street and see an Aston Martin.

Before this, about the farthest I have traveled is to Dominican Republic... I felt so fortunate and thankful and grateful... It was so beautiful and the people were so kind. Here I feel incredibly uncool and unfashionable and unintelligent. While the people have, so far, also been very kind, I can't help but to think about the small little shell in which I live. I am getting a little off point though... More on my new found inadequacies later!

So, tomorrow Kristopher leaves... He has left me with a crash course in the tube station, an outline of what stops I need to take to certain things I have in mind, a map, a cell phone that has no minutes on it (and he is not exactly sure where to load it) and memories of our two days together quickly exploring the city.

I wish he was staying, because I am not gonna lie, I am a little nervous. I am never more than three feet away from my Blackberry and I am never not without cash. Now, I am fine in regards to the money and potentially the phone... but just having those two major things a little bit out of my control is really throwing me off.

Oh well... I will be fine and I have a long list of things that I need to do and see!

So, wish me luck! More to come soon!

5 comments:

Turbo said...

It sounds like you are having a blast. I can't wait to hear more details/see photos.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're enjoying yourself!! I bet its so nice not having your blackberry go off every two seconds.. and the people you're hanging out with will appreciate it too!! I think when you get back to the great state of Iowa you should try leaving your crackberry home more often :) Miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Oh.. and remember to practice some stranger danger when you're out exploring.. we know how nice and friendly you are but.. really.. be careful!!

CharlieGirl said...

Turbo, I am having a great time!! I have always, always wanted to visit New York, but this works too!!

Lil Starpril!!! I miss you too! I wish you were here with me, we would have a blast! I know I need to be "more in the moment" and enjoying my friends and being completely without my crackberry and proven to me that I can and further, being without my friends makes me think about how much I love you guys! I promise to put it down... um... more often! Love ya, miss ya!

Turbo said...

Hahahaha, awesome. Well, you should totally check out NY, also. When you do, make sure to drop us a note so that we can link while you are here!