Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Just In The Nick Of Time

Thank the Good Lord that I made it out of London when I did. Not that I didn’t love it there, but I was ready to leave. As was my pocket book. But, since I made it out only a week before, I can’t help but to just think that it could have been me. I would have been a fortunate one, since I made great friends while I was there, that would have allowed me to stay. But, I always like to be equipped with a plan and make sure that I would be self sustainable, should the worst happen and I not be able to make arrangements to leave the airport.

So, here are some money making ideas I came up with, just in case I am ever stuck in Heathrow with a Volcanic plume situation to deal with:

Read novels, out loud, to people that want to be distracted by the fact that they are stranded. This offer would only apply to English speaking travelers.

Provide creative cooking and entertaining demonstrations, using only vending machine items. Additional fees may apply depending on the amount of vending machine goods necessary for said demonstration.

Start a “French Braid Stand” for weary travelers that want to still look their best. Specialty braids, as in more than one straight down the middle, would of course cost extra.

Match maker services. I personally think this one is going to be a crowd favorite.

Counseling services and financial advice. Again, this offer would only apply to English speaking travelers and those that utilize American and English currency. My week in London has obviously afforded me enough knowledge about the Pound to give sound financial advice.

Outsource to someone with IPod speakers… Begin instructing Kickboxing (the version without gloves or a bag), Yoga and Dance* classes.
*Price break for those also utilizing Match Making Services.

No comments: