Thursday, April 8, 2010

Eleven London Observations, Experiences and Facts

1. Tuesday on my walk back to Kristopher's place from the Tube Station a man, an artist, stopped me and gave me his card. He said, "Watch for me, love, I will be big...". He must be very efficient with his craft, because he apparently spends at least every morning and every afternoon at this cafe where I first saw him. And, every single time I pass him he asks if he can give me his card. I respond politely with, "I already have it!" and he responds with the same convincing conviction, that he is going to be big someday. Yep. I get it!

2. Today, I sat in a Canadian pub watching the Red Sox play the Yankees, while drinking a Guinness. That all just seemed a little funny to me. On a sidenote, I later found out that that is the same Canadian pub that Kristopher told me about just a few days before and with tons and tons of pubs, the likelihood of me just happening to go to that one was very slim. Still, just a little funny to me.

3. I met up with Kristopher's co-worker, Kiran last night. She is Persian and Indian, which happens to equal beautiful! Our lives couldn't be more different and we live thousands of miles apart, but sometimes you meet someone and you just feel like you have known them for years and you could just talk for hours. That is what happened and for that, I am so thankful!


4. Sometimes when having girls night with your new found friend, you end up in interesting places and in search of "Spotted Dick"... which I am told is a very English Dessert... She may or may not have been screwin with me.


5. I am learning that it is OK to be quiet and to relinquish control to your mind. I wish the people sitting behind me on the tour bus I joined today would have known about that too... I think the guide was funny, because people kept laughing. But, I wouldn't know.

6. There are girls here that can apply liquid eyeliner on the tube. It takes absolute concentration, on my part, to simply remain standing.

7. People drink here at lunch. Sometimes a lot, it seems.

8. My OCD tendencies kick in here about every three minutes or so. At which time I stop to make sure I have my passport and keys to Kristopher's place. I tend to me a nervous traveler.

9. There are Chauffeurs here that drive you and your car home if you have had too much to drink. (Lil Bird... did you hear that?! Do you totally want to move here right now?!)

10. There is a store here called Sweaty Betty... They sell work out clothes for women. Pretty much one of the greatest store names ever!

11. English children are absolutely, ridiculously adorable. Seriously... when they talk.... there sweet little voices and precious little accents... Ohhh Eeemmm Geee... And, the little ginger ones. Seriously?! Could I declare that through Customs?! $300 in goods... one ginger...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know as soon as I began reading #9 I was immediately thinking why can't we have something like that here.. you know me to well!

Tell Kiran she's absolutely beautiful!

Also I hope you bought atleast one piece of work out clothing from Sweaty Betty... Just to say "Oh.. this.. I got it from Sweaty Betty"!

Can't wait to hear more about your adventurous! See you soon