Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ello Gov'ner

Friday morning, bright and early, I will be boarding a plan headed to.......


Wait for it...... Waaaaaaaiiiiiiiiittttttt for it....



LONDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that's right, London Baby!

My totally awesome big bro lives there and has asked me to visit several times, but it has just never worked out. So, this past Christmas you could only imagine how excited I was when it looked as though finally we could put a plan in place!

He would be able to spend a couple of days with me, showing me all of the cool places he has found, and then the other days while he was working, I was going to get to explore the city on my own. Then we could meet up at the pub to talk about our days.

I am sure you can also imagine how disappointed I was when I learned that he would be flying out just two days after I got there for work..... I understand though, duty calls, work is work. I am sure he is pretty disappointed too.

But, the good news is, we get to see each other a couple of times a year, so I will be able to see him again in July and I have always wanted to travel to an exotic city by myself and explore for hours and hours.

Granted... my brave travels for one probably would have been in a city that has American currency. And, it probably would have been in a country that my blackberry works... but, eh, what can you do. Roll with the punches! Take the bull by horns!

*I am totally fist pumping right now... a mad rush of determination and excitement.*

So, I will enjoy the short time I have with my bro and then make London my beotch!

*Additional fist pumping!*

Hi, Buckingham Palace tour ticket... Just one please!

And, for the record, please know that I fully intend to be that dorky tourist that asks random people to take my picture. Yep, just me!


1 comment:

Turbo said...

So envious. I can't wait to see the photos.