Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Flair For The Dramatic


Last night I was invited to a make your own sushi/wine/board game party. I was a little hesitant at first because the attendees were going to be two married couples, an engaged couple and a couple that just moved in together.... and me.
I am not the third wheel. No, me, I am the KICKSTAND!
So optimistic, of me.
Anyway, I am so glad I went, it was really fun and I am one hell of a sushi roller if I do say so myself.
Luckily, a couple of the husbands ditched... so it wasn't a couples only situation that I would have had to over compensate with charm and comedy for. I could just enjoy.
You know how funny and charming I am, after all.
There was only one problem... I guess it wasn't a problem really, but more of a little disappointment for me.
We played this super fun game called Quelf.
(I hesitantly admit to you that we didn't actually call it that. We called it another name.... I am sure you can guess what that was. Oh, come on. The female fa....... never mind, I can't say it. Just figure it out!)
Back to my disappointment. The game cards instructed you to do funny things, like one girl had to build a fort of cushions/pillows/whatever she could find and hide there until her next turn. Someone else had to throw themselves to the ground every time they got passed on the board by another player.
The problem was... those should have been mine. I would have done those tasks justice.... dramatically throwing myself down... I can just see it now. Still, the disappointment lingers.
No, instead, I had to enthusiastically throw my hand in the air every time I had a question and boldly announce, "EXCUSE MEEEEEE.... I FEEL A QUESTION COMIN ON!"
While I of course made that task my bitch and enthusiastically asked every question, I had potential for so much more.

No comments: