Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Travel Schmavel…

The good news is I got some good reading time in while I was out of the office. I read “American Gangster”… the new book that the new movie with Denzel is based on. Pretty good! While I was sitting at the airport an older guy walked by and said, “American Gangster, huh?” and gave me a weird look, like I should be reading Mary Poppins instead… whatev.

When I booked my car for the trip, I got a free upgrade to a “Cool Car” which was a “Sporty Eclipse or similar”… little things make me super happy, so I was excited about that. I got there and they of course gave the Eclipse away, but they did give me a 2008 black Mustang, which was all chromed out. I felt so cool. My hair blowing in the wind, music cranked up… right up until I had to go through a toll booth. This was a problem, because I didn’t have a damn dime!!! I don’t ever carry cash… note to all you would be muggers out there reading my blog and plotting

I was quickly humbled as I sat, creating a line behind me, and wrote a $ 0.75 check to the Florida Department of Transportation… not once, but twice!!! Oh yeah, I am hot!!!

No comments: