Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Cheater

I get my hair high lighted/low lighted once a month and it is like $110 each time. I know it doesn’t sound like much to other people who pay a lot more than that at expensive salons… but to me, it adds up. So, last night I was talking to my friend, who suggested that I have our other friend do it. She is a licensed cosmetologist, but is currently not working at a salon because she can’t find one that she likes or makes enough money at… So I called her and she will do it for less than half the price. Great! Right? Wrong. I have been going to the same guy for like over a year and I seriously feel like I am cheating on him. The next time I go to the mall I am going to have the wear a hat and run by his door…

It gets worse. I called this past Saturday and made the original appointment for this coming Saturday… well then I got to work on Monday and I hated my outfit, which makes me hate everything about the way I look, so I bumped up my appointment to this Thursday… Then today, I confirmed with the new girl that she was going to do it… so I would have had to call again to cancel. Now, all of this calling is going to make me look like I am a moron.

So, in my infinite wisdom, I had a girl in my office (pretending to be me) call to cancel because of a last minute work trip. Of course, he answered the phone… which he never does. He knows me and my voice… she freaked out and said (still pretending to be me) that she had another call and asked him to hold on for just a sec. Then we hung up on him.

Seriously… why am I freaking out about this? I am a grown ass woman. I should just call and say, look, I can’t make it. I won’t though; I will wait until tonight on my way home and hope that I get the night receptionist at the salon.

Apparently I am not just a cheater; I am also a chicken shit.

No comments: