Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Double let down.

When it comes to Halloween, Des Moines is a special place... and by special, I mean dumb. In Des Moines you don't go trick-or-treating on Halloween ( I won't be going at all, because my mom called me this morning to tell me I am not allowed... I am 25, but I digress), you go the night before Halloween and it is called Beggar's night. This is stupid. I think that if there were people out there that had intentions of doing horrible things, they wouldn't probably hear the same news report you did about the name and night change and do it on that night.... But whatever. In any case, last night was Beggar's Night. So I hurried up after work and went to the gym, so I could go to my friends house and hand out candy to all the little snot rockets. Only three flipping people showed up!!! I hurried my ass up for one two year old that had no idea what was going on and two sixteen year old ho-dags that didn't even dress up!!!! Pu-lease!

Then, I knew the night wasn't going to be a total let down because the premiere of Nip/Tuck was on. I went home, put on my fav pink fuzzy robe (I looooove living alone)... and settled in for the what was sure to be a dramatic sitcom masterpiece... Wrong-o. It kind of sucked too. There were some decent parts, but over all... not loving it.

I went to bed feeling disappointed and empty. Ok, not really disappointed and empty... I am smart enough to know that it is a TV show and some stupid tradition that I myself have never even participated it... But, I seriously wasn't happy!

No comments: