Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Gender Differences

In order for a woman to… um… “run game”, if you will, the conditions have to be just right. Take this scenario for instance, I wake up on a Saturday morning, relax for a while with a cup of coffee, and then start cleaning the house. In the midst of my cleaning, I decide that I should probably be doing laundry as well, but I am out of detergent. So, I run to the store without having gotten ready. I am wearing my favorite sweat shorts and a hoodie, my hair is in a ponytail, I don’t have any make up on and I probably have coffee breath… On my way into the store, I spot Mr. Saturday. Mr. Saturday is the hot guy that is probably on his way to play touch football with other Mr. Saturdays in the park. He probably just threw on his favorite t-shirt and hat, but it looks like he just stepped out of an Abercrombie ad. He glances my direction, we make eye contact and then this happens in my head: OMG, I look like shit… What the hell am I wearing-why didn’t I put on normal clothes, instead of heading out into the world in my damn pajamas!?!? Would it have killed me to slap some concealer and lip gloss on!?!?! In that moment, those are things that are going through my head. I wouldn’t ever consider walking up to the guy and saying hi, waving to him or in any way drawing attention to myself….

Fortunately, for anyone with a sense of humor, guys don’t have that same filter. They don’t care if they are driving a semi-truck down the highway, a garbage truck in town, standing in the welfare line, haven’t showered in days, forget coffee breath-lets talk about ass breath, their baby mama is waiting in the car while they run into the store… they are going to flirt their asses off, make cat calls, wave, and generally anything else they can do to get a woman to look their direction.

I personally find this attitude quite endearing. They see something they like and in that moment they go after it. It doesn’t work, I have never seen any women pull over and run to the passenger side of a big rig, but it is cute none the less.

1 comment:

Kaptain said...

Your post reminded me of this.

Seems to me the basic conflict between men and women, sexually, is that men are like firemen. To men, sex is an emergency, and no matter what we're doing we can be ready in two minutes. Women, on the other hand, are like fire. They're very exciting, but the conditions have to be exactly right for it to occur. ~Jerry Seinfeld