Friday, August 28, 2009

It's Friday and I'm Ready to Sing....

Do you all remember that Aaliyah song?? It's Friday and I'm Ready to Sing.... Pick up my girls and hit the party scene.... Sorry if ya don't, it is a pretty good song. One that I am pretty sure has gone through my head every-single-ever-lovin-Friday since it came out in like 1994.
But I digress. You know how I get on Fridays, I ramble on about stupid unrelated things and why should this Friday be any different, right?!

I went to see Inglorious Basterds the other night... Loved it! Well, actually it made me want to barf about eighteen times. People getting their heads bashed in, shot up, cut up... you get the picture. I just kept thinking that it was going to be like that scene in Stand By Me, when the kid is at the pie eating contest and he blows and then everybody blows... I couldn't do that to my fellow movie goers. I would not be "that girl" that started an ultimate barf fest at a movie... But, anyway, besides all that...it was so good and I highly recommend it, just pop a couple pepto first.
Speaking of fat kids. The kid that started the barf fest... stay with me here... I heard two things this week that DO NOT make me wonder why obesity in America is seriously out of hand. First, KFC has a new sandwich out... Bacon, two kinds of cheese and sauces are sandwiched between two pieces of fried chicken. Then I heard that a city will be putting larger chairs in addition to the regular chairs in the waiting areas of bus stations and subways to accommodate those who can't fit in the regular sized chairs. Really!?!?! Am I the only person that recognizes the correlation between the two!

I have a lot more to say about that, but none of it is nice and I am really trying to work on being nice... So, moving right along I guess.

This morning at the gym a guy completely poached my kickboxing bag. And, it isn't the first time either... this son of a gun has tried it before. So, I was forced to be his partner. He wasn't quite working hard enough, I felt like, though... so I took it upon myself to give him a little motivation! Something that I am sure he appreciated at 5:30 in the morning. So, while he punched, I yelled, "PUNCH HARDER! HE STOLE YOUR WALLET!!!!!!! GEEEEEET HIIIIIIM!!!!!!!!!!". I bet next time he tries to steal my bag, that I moved out and got ready, he will think again.

Maybe I should refer again to the paragraph above... the one about being nice.... nah. maybe later. After all, New Years is a few months away and I will need a resolution.

No comments: