Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Builds Character

From the backdrop of the Anderson/Erickson Dairy Stage adorned with a giant yogurt, a gallon of milk , an incredibly large vat of cottage cheese and the A/E Dairy slogan “Ridiculously High Standards” emerged the one and only Coolio.

Coolio.

You know, the guy from 1995.

Come on, the one that did a song for the Michelle Pfeiffer movie?!

Yep, him.

Does anyone else see the irony of a middle aged man jumping around, yelling for his “trick to get on the flo” in front of a “Ridiculously High Standards” tagline?!?

I knew though, that I was at a super high class show when a guy standing about two feet away from me lit up the biggest hitter I have ever seen as nonchalantly as if he were putting a piece of gum in his mouth. And, when he pulled one our hefty corn fed iowan’s up on stage and gave her a lap dance while singing about what he would do to her if he were her boooyyyyyyfreeeeeeeind… Grammy. Award. Winning. Performance.

Coolio did the damn thing though and besides the fact that he tried to compensate for lack of songs, thus lack of concert time, with a very unconvincing comedy routine, I enjoyed myself.

After the show I decided to put on my big girl pants and go on this crazy thing.







Not once… but twice.

I am such a dare devil… I tell ya. I mean, yeah, so I almost peed my pants and I am pretty sure I screamed the entire time… but, you know me… Bravery like a lion.

No comments: