Saturday, June 12, 2010

Faker Faker Faker

Let me tell you a few things....
Numero Uno. I am a girly girl. I am way more into cute sundresses and getting a pedicure than talking basketball. Now, don't get me wrong... I can chill with the boys at Buffalo Wild Wings, watch the game and drink Blue Moon... but, as soon as I am done with that, I am going to go home, put on a pot of coffee and my dad's old worn in Minnesota sweatshirt and watch Under the Tuscan Sun.



Next, I am from Illinois. Not Iowa. Iowans are very clearly defined by the college sports team they support. In order to fully embrace my new home, I too chose an affiliation. I am an Iowa Hawkeye fan. I chose that affiliation because of two very important things.... I wear more black than I do red and this one time (at band camp) I met a super hot guy at a tailgate that was also a Hawk fan. I am sure you can see by those two admissions that my black and gold blood runs thick.
So... This past week, when I had a very unique opportunity to see Jamie Pollard, tour the new Sukup Basketball Facility and Jacobson Athletic Building on the Iowa State University Campus, I felt like a big ol' faker.
And, it was the day that Colorado University regents backed a move to the Pac-10... so people were all up in arms, the news was there... It would have been a real Iowa Stater's dream.
I was thisclose to challenging this boy to game of Horse...
Please excuse the quality of this picture; I was surreptitiously taking pictures with my Blackberry. I didn't want to be that girl... This is a picture of the Iowa State Football Team's locker room. It smelled like a big sweaty ballsack in there. Just for the record.

This picture was outside of the totally awesome weight room. I really wanted to kiss my muscles and pump some iron.
Anybody up for a push up contest??? No, I am supposed to do them on my knees!! It is the girl kind, really.




Anyway, can you believe how freakin tall I am!?!?



The point of this post is that if you are an Iowa Stater. A real one. You should be totally jealous of me right now.






No comments: