Friday, December 4, 2009

Where's The Remote?!

I spent last Monday evening watching the A & E network and it has taken me until today to get over the nauseous feeling that doing so caused.


First, I watched Intervention. Since it was my childhood dream to be a Cop/teacher/dolphin trainer (but for the sake of this post, let’s just stick with Cop only), you would think watching people shoot up and destroy their lives would phase me… well, it did. I was so conflicted. On one hand, I was so happy that my only addictions are Strawberry Bliss lip gloss and coffee, but on the other hand, I was so heartbroken for those people and the disease of true addiction they face every day.


Next, I made the horrible, horrible mistake of watching Hoarders. Please excuse me while I walk away and deep breath through the urge to puke… It was probably the grossest thing I have ever seen. Maybe because I am a compulsive cleaner/germaphobe and maybe just because it was plain old effin sick. The lady they featured had two dead and rotting cats in her living room. Yes, dead and rotting… that she just didn’t notice. Oh no… Please excuse me again while I go deep breath. I am not even exaggerating when I say that I was so disgusted and nauseated when I went to bed that night.


I know that the stuff you read, listen to and watch can get into your system and affect you and Monday night seriously did just that. I have been thinking about it all week and only now am I able to write about it.


I thought about writing a letter to the Network…


Dear A & E… Your shows are depressing and make me want to throw up. That is how I would start the letter.


But, then I thought they would probably write one back to me…


Dear Charlie – Girl… Change the channel.


And, with that, I decided to keep my letter writing to myself.

1 comment:

Reagan said...

So, Jake saw your comment and has been an avid reader ever since. He kept telling me to look at your blog, but I would always forget. Then last night he was like "I really think you and charliegirl would be best friends if you really knew eachother" haha! Awesome right? Jake is so funny! And I do love your blog. You are hilarious!

I watched an oprah ep that was all about that hoarders show. In fact I was just telling Jake about it the other day! So awful, right? It made me feel like I was the best housewife ever, so that's good at least. I'm Going to use something like "well at least I don't have dead cats all over the place" the next time Jake complains that I haven't put away the laundry.