Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday Mania


I feel like whenever you get invited to a party, you should always be as festive as possible... which is why I wore my Ms. Claus outfit to my group of friends' holiday sleep over this weekend!
I know what you are thinking.. should we be more concerned with her wearing things like that in public... or the fact that a group of... well, let's just say, upper twenty year olds, had a sleep over!?!
And, while you are addressing things we should be concerned about... don't be concerned with the shirt of the cutie standing next to me... he doesn't really wear cotton turtlenecks, he was just tryin to add a little holiday jazz to his wardrobe too.
Anyway, moving on to other Monday items I need to discuss. It is that time of year again... I guess I can't complain too much, even though that is precisely what I want to do, because it is December and we are just now having to talk about this. But, stupid Des Moines is about to get a stupid snow storm. Ok, I don't really think Des Moines is stupid, but I am dreading this impending inclement weather doom. Driving in the snow seriously terrifies me. I am not good at driving in perfect conditions, there is just too much to do... like find and put on lip gloss, read my texts messages, dance to the radio, change clothes on the way to the gym, etc. So throw snow in the mix and we have ourselves a big problem. Strangely being distracted is not even my problem, I actually become the complete opposite of my normal driving self during weather issues and become that person that causes accidents because I am going approximately 23 miles per hour on the high way...
It is coming tomorrow. Eight to twelve inches. Wish me luck. I will be pacing until then.
Now... onto what I really wanted to talk about. Back in July I blogged about how I was becoming a bit of a blog stalker. Well, as it turned out, I didn't reel myself in as I had intended and I commented on a seriously beautiful picture Reagan posted... and you will never guess what, she and her husband have both commented back!! More than once!
I know you are all saying in your head right now, "get over it Charlie-girl... really! Who cares?!"
Um, Me! I am practically starstruck right now!
So, while this week's impending snow storm doom may totally suck and I may be tired from my grown up holiday slumber party, I am still in a great mood, because I just made three new friends in New York City... Jake, Reagan and the adorable Ms. Pipster! Whoo hoo!

2 comments:

Turbo said...

Woot! Thanks for the shout out. I love the festive get-ups!

Josie said...

You guys look great!