Thursday, December 3, 2009

Ho Ho Ho

In honor of the Holiday Season, I would like to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas (Yes, Christmas, because this is Jesus’ birthday), but because I don’t want to judge, I will also wish you all a very happy whatever it is you celebrate and invite you all to go to church with me on Christmas Eve. Additionally, I would like to post my wish list! I realize that my wish list is probably not high on your priority list, I also realize that gift giving is not the reason for the season and finally I realize that it is the thought that counts. But, let’s be honest… this is my blog, so while my wish list is probably not high on your priority list it is high up on mine. Second, gift giving is not the reason for the season, but we all do it anyway and lastly, the thought does count, so I am going to give you something to think about.
So, now that we have gotten all of that out of the way…
1.) A watch. Not an expensive, fancy watch… just a practical silver watch with actual numbers on the face. My mind apparently doesn’t work fast enough to process the time without the numbers.
2.) A CHI. For those of you that do not know what a CHI is, you clearly don’t have horse hair, like me… that is pretty much the only straightening tool that will allow me to remotely flatten this hot mess that sits on my head.
3.) A BIG thing of Laundry Detergent and Fabric Softener (the good kind, that I get to pick out). Yes… this may seem like a silly request, but I am one cheap chick and so instead of getting a big thing of the good kind that smells yummy, I always get the mini Purex detergent and Walmart brand softener. Just once I want to pull my towels out and bury my face in the delicious smell of something like Gainful Expressions… and not have to pick up mini bottles every time I go to Walmart. And, while we are at it, maybe a gigantic thing of Toilet Paper too… also something that I have to pick up on every trip, because while the 4 packs do not last very long, they are only a dollar.
4.) My brakes fixed and if you are a man or know about automotive repair, this can be a very inexpensive gift. It will require some elbow grease and big garage though, unless you want to freeze your booty off.
I don’t want to be self absorbed though, so if you would like to email/text/comment back with some of your wish list items, I will review and act on them accordingly.
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

6 comments:

Turbo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Turbo said...

Charlie Girl, that seems like a pretty reasonable and utilitarian wish list. I loved the disclaimer on the brake repair request, hahaha. I sincerely hope that you receive items 1-4 (plus a little something extra that is less practical and more fun). ;)

Turbo said...

I would also like to add, that, apparently I'm retarded, and don't know how to use Blogger (hence the deleted comment). Sorry to clutter up your comments like this.

CharlieGirl said...

Turbo... No problem... you can tell from my spacing issues with my blog that I am retarded too.

I also have to mention that I was seriously excited in a starstruck kind of way, that I got a comment from you and a shout out from your beautiful wife on the same day!

Love it!!

Kaptain said...

I'm calling dibs on items 3 & 4. I can handle that. We can even pick you up some Mane and Tail at Walgreens to try and keep that hot mess in check.

CharlieGirl said...

Hahahha! Thanks brother... no need for the Mane and Tail though, I am just going to hold out for the CHI!