Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday Round Up

I would like to start by mentioning that I am so ready for it to be warm outside! I am over the chilly weather and cumbersome clothes. I need a sundress, some flip flops, sunglasses, a smoothie, and a car ride with my windows down and music up, ASAP!

I have a big time problem with taking the time to scrape off my windows in the morning. It is too damn cold for me to be standing outside dealing with that crap. Usually I just run the windshield wiper fluid until everything melts off and role down each of my windows to clear the side views… that usually gets me to the highway and by then the car is warmed up enough to be able to see. I will admit that due to this process I have to stop for windshield wiper fluid about every week and a half; but it is cheap, so who cares.

Today, though, my wipers must have frozen in some weird way, so they wouldn’t actually make contact with the window… thus not clearing it. I actually had to get out and scrape it. I was too lazy to clean the sides though, and they wouldn’t even budge when I tried to roll them down….

So, every single time I had to turn or change lanes, I had to stick my head out the window for about the first fifteen minutes of my drive…. Oh yeah, I am cool!

A few weeks ago, my friends and I put together a list of stuff that we wanted to do in 2008. Kind of like a Bucket List, only none of us intend to die by December 31... Some of them were normal things, like go to an ICubs game or take a tour of the Capitol Building… some were a little bit more exciting, like the “free weekend” (this is where we go to free happy hours for dinner, open houses, who knows… maybe even a wedding or two)… Tonight we are going to mark one of the items off our list by going to a Des Moines Buccaneers game. Even more exciting, is it is Buc Beer Night!!! This should be fun.

Then, while it wasn’t on our list because we didn’t know about it, tomorrow we are going to an “Experience Africa” exhibit to walk in the shoes of a child in the midst of the Aids Crisis. That should be very interesting.

Hopefully that little walk through Africa doesn’t completely dampen our spirits though, because tomorrow night we are celebrating Ape’s birthday (again… God love her), by doing something totally out of the norm…. Going to dinner and “out” downtown. *gasp*

Finally, there is an incredibly small chance that we may not have to come to work on Monday because there is a problem with our plumbing (I didn’t know this until after I flushed the toilet… apparently I need to check my email more frequently). But, if it doesn’t get fixed over the weekend (which it will) we can’t be expected to hold it all day, right?!?