Sunday, March 23, 2008

I am blessed.

This Easter weekend I was planning on going home... but due to scheduling conflicts, it didn't quite work out. I wasn't completely bummed because Easter isn't as big of a deal as a holiday like Christmas... but I still wasn't completely thrilled with the thought of spending the day alone.

Fortunately that didn't happen at all, though. In the grand tradition of my amazing friends, my friend Lindsay invited me to go to church and have Easter dinner with her family. My friend, Danny, who's family is also not local joined us as well.

So we went to church this morning and it was great, then we headed to Lindsay's mom's house for Easter dinner. The group consisted of Lindsay's mom, her brother that is in the Military that drove 10 hours yesterday to be here with the family, his friend from Omaha Tawnia, Danny, Lindsay, Lindsay's mom's friend, and myself. Not that you needed to get an exact breakdown... but I found it so interesting that other than Lindsay, her brother, and her mom, none of us knew each other or have known each other for really any significant length of time and yet here we all were converged at this Easter dinner sharing stories, sharing our lives, and truly enjoying each other and the time we were spending together.

Being away from home, being independent and realizing that I am really a grown up isn't always the easiest thing to do... but in the last six months it has been reiterated time and time again that I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

Danny Boy said...

I love you Charlie Girl! That day I did feel truly blessed as well. I am so glad that Lindsay and her family allowed us to be there to share in that very fun day!