Thursday, March 20, 2008

And so it begins


I am 26 years old. I have a job, I pay bills, I am capable and competent. I am independent. I can go to dinner and a movie by myself and feel sexy about it.......... and I have a pit in my stomach the size of Texas.


This pit of stress and anxiety is because the time has come and tonight is supposed to be the first......



Storm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I moved into my apartment in September of last year, so living alone was no problem at all; storm season had passed. Now what am I going to do? Try to make friends with my weird neighbors that have a mat in front of their door that says, "Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit... look who's here!!!!".... I don't think so. I have had some offers from some skanky guys that "will come over and keep me safe"... but that doesn't sound appealing either...... frankly, that might even scare me more...



Do you think that I might just have to *gasp* be an adult and get over my fear?!?!?! I am biting my finger nails just thinking about it..... Today is the first official day of spring, which means that I have to make it though approximately 6 months of this.


I am screwed.



No comments: