Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Winter Wonderland, My Ass.


Last night Des Moines was under a winter weather warning for an ice storm. I was stressing at the gym, hoping that I made it home before everything started happening. Luckily, I did and even went to bed with the slight hope that maybe it wouldn’t happen. Not so much! At around 3:00 AM the ice hitting my bedroom window woke me up… so I knew that I was screwed for the drive to work. See previous “Grandma” post.

Sure enough, I turned on the news when I woke up and it was ugly. While I was getting ready for work, I was daydreaming about all the things I would do if my boss called and told me that the roads were too bad to come in. I was planning on having my coffee and finishing a book I need to be done with, watching daytime TV that I never get to watch, and cleaning out my closet. That would have been such a great day.

Unfortunately, because I am an adult now, there was no snow day… So, after a sketchy drive to work, I planted my wet ass at my desk to begin my day.

The wet ass resulted from ice that, of course, fell onto my driver’s seat when I opened the door to my car…

No comments: