Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's A Rental!


So, last Friday night was our work holiday party. This is the party that I had to buy a new, identical to all of my others, cocktail dress. Well, I ended up finding a great dress at White House/Black Market... the dress was way to expensive, as are pretty much all clothes at that store, but it was perfect for the night... so I splurged.


While at the restaurant for some reason, I lifted my leg up onto a chair. I think I did this to show a lady my pedicure, because she just showed me hers. In any case, when I lifted up my leg, I heard the dress rip just a little in the back where the little slit was. I really didn't think much of it. I do want to also say that I was careful to not show my vajayjay at the time of lifting the leg... just in case you wandered.


Anyway, back to the story, as the night progressed with getting into and out of the limo and lots and lots of dancing... my little rip continued to unravel. By the time I got home it wasn't a rip at all, the entire back seam of the dress had unraveled. If I had taken down the zipper of the dress the only thing connecting the back would just be the zipper thing. The seam was entirely disconnected and I must say that my ass was entirely exposed. Thankfully this didn't happen all at one time, just little by little... so it didn't slow down my night at all... (It probably should have because as I said, by the time I got home I was completely exposed... but whatev).


In light of this wardrobe malfunction I called the store yesterday and they said I could exchange the dress. But, when I took the dress back I asked if I could just have my money back... after all, I didn't want to chance getting the same dress and having the seam unravel again, right!?!? She said that was fine! So, I got to wear a great dress to a party and then take it back for a full refund. Because the seam issue didn't slow me down at all, I still had a great time, and because of my unnecessary requirement to buy a new dress for every event anyway...this turned out to be the perfect situation!!!


No comments: