Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Easily Distracted



As I pointed out in my post yesterday, the walls at my office are paper thin. Most of the time it is not really a problem and I can stay focused... I don't know if it is because it is close to the holidays or what, but today I just couldn't stay focused. Every other conversation that was going on was totally distracting me.


It was about lunch time and since I happen to be out of groceries and didn't pack a lunch, I decided to go to this little Chinease place close by to sit and read through some work stuff. The lady sat me in a seat at the very back with only one table of people nearby. My plan was going to work, I thought! Nope, not so fast... I had just started reading the first document when I heard "He is a bipoloar meth addict"... Easily distracted or not, if you hear something like that, you are going to listen, right?!?! So, for about the next hour, I ate my hot and sour soup while listening to the most sordid family drama I have ever heard. Meth addicts, divorces, under acheiving sons that have exhausted their ability to borrow money... it was good!


I flipped the pages of my document, so as not to be too obvious... but very little work got accomplished.

No comments: