Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Game Night.

Des Moines is the proud new home of the ENERGY! This NBA Development league is the newest addition of things to do around Des Moines. I went to the opening game on Monday night. It was pretty fun… but apparently the referees are also trying to get brought up into the NBA as well as the players and they were calling everything! Seriously the whistle was being blown like every five seconds. It was a close game though, especially at the end, so it was pretty exciting.

So, they had the standard group of cheerleaders called “High Voltage”. I was not trying to be a hater, but even the guys that I was with were commenting on the fact that the majority of the girls should not be wearing spandex. I have been watching the CMT show about making the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleading squad and I see the rigorous training sessions these girls go to and how they are constantly getting their body fat checked and what not… this was the exact opposite. But I digress, because I am kind of becoming catty now.

Anyway, so the chubbabubbas did their dance and it was fine, the game continued. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I see a group of 50, 60, and 70 year old women and jokingly I said that they were the half time show. Much to my pleasant surprise and amusement, the halftime dancers the “Spark Plugs” were announced!!! These old ladies started busting a move to MC Hammer like they were 19!!!!! I loved it. They were terrible and incredible all at the same time! It was so funny and definitely made the game worth going to.

No comments: