Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tuesday Ten


Blogs are kind of narcissistic, if you think about.  This is what I like.  This is what is going on in my world.  These are all the things that I like and dislike.  Me. Me. Me. Me.

Before you go thinking I am the rudest person of the world, let me tell you… this relationship is reciprocal.  I would totally read your blog if you had one!

Anyway, I am getting off topic.

Because I had that newsflash moment this morning, I thought I would start a new Tuesday trend called “Tuesday Ten”.  This may only last one Tuesday… but please read above.  This is about me and I can do whatever I want.  Sucka.

Tuesday Ten works like this.  I am going to tell you ten things about someone other than me. 

 

This is my mom.  This is actually one of my favorite pictures of her ever.  I love how happy and totally free she looks.  Honest to God… have you ever seen anyone having this must fun?!  She hates this picture and was super pissed when I put it on my blog the first time… so here I go doing it again.  She is probably going to call and tell me I am grounded from posting pictures on my blog.  She really still tries to ground me.

That is not one of the 10 things about her.  Slow down.

 Ok, here we go.

I can tell her anything.  Seriously, anything.  And usually I do.  She never makes me feel stupid or bad and she never judges me.  I can’t imagine having a mom that you had to censor yourself around or that you could dish your whole life to.  I would feel like my family didn’t even know me.  She knows me though.

I remember when I was like in 8th grade, I was babysitting for this little boy that was so sick and he would not stop crying and he barfed all over his bedroom.   And, his mom was a total bitch.  So, I was really freaking out that this bitchy lady was going to come and be so mad that her son barfed all over the place, like it was my fault.  I called my mom, frantic.  Within minutes, she was there, cool as a cucumber just fixing things right up.  That is how she always is, but whenever I think about it, I always think about that story.  No matter what the situation is, she always just handles it and makes it seem like it is really no big deal.

She has “really fun” taste in decorating!  God help her.  She will walk right up to the line of tasteful and then jump over with streamers, hot glue and sponge paint.  Girlfriend loves herself some sponge paint! 

We pray together every single week day morning.  I totally love it.  First we talk about all of our lives and then we pray for each other.

She is braver than anyone I know.  And by brave, I sometimes mean crazy and haphazard.  She is an adventurous mover and shaker and is always up for anything.  Sometimes even illegal stuff, even though if you asked her right now, she totally would act like she wasn’t.

My friends love her and always have.  She is even coming all the way to Des Moines to go to the wedding of one of my best friends, because he loves her so much.  I am proud that she is so fun and cool and that she can be a part of my life like that.

She is a Special Ed/Behavioral Disorder teacher.  Which means two things.  One, that she has the patience of a saint and will be blessed for all that she does.  Two, that she has the best stories about kids cussing and doing really stupid stuff.

She has the backs of her children, like nobody’s business.  She is and always has been our biggest fan.  In her eyes, we are drop dead gorgeous, comedian genius athletes.  And, with all the sincerity in the world, she can give you several examples of why each of those are true.

I think about things she taught me or things she has said regarding marriage and parenting, almost daily.

She has always been my best friend.

…and, that wraps up this edition of Tuesday Ten.  Lata!

No comments: