Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Challenge


I decided on October 16th that I would take a 30 day break from Caribou and Starbucks.  I arrived at this decision after I stopped to consider that for each of the three days prior I had stopped to get a grande decaf caramel macchiato with skim milk and whip.  What that equated to over the three days was about $15 and 12,000 calories.  Now, I may be exaggerating a bit about the calories, but I am sure I am not really that far off.
 
If I continue that behavior over the course of the year, do you know what that would add up to?!  More than $2,000 and 243,333 calories! 
 
Can someone check my calculations there?!!  I just totally busted out by eighth grade algebra and solved for X.
 
In addition to all the money and calorie saving I will be doing… I will be teaching myself that I can truly live life without having to have my beloved grande decaf caramel macchiato with skim milk and whip every day. 
 
Here is the thing though.  At home, we just got a Keurig coffee machine.  So, who needs to stop when I have all of the convenience of a coffee shop at my fingertips. 
 
It is a little bit like promising not to brush your hair for a week when you have a shaved head.  It is not actually a challenge. 
 
 But, today, I leave to go visit a client.  It is only a quick overnight, but the long drive… starting my day tomorrow before meetings… having time to kill between meetings…. Getting a coffee drink is my go to!
 
The pressure is on.  This is the real deal Holyfield.  This is where I find out what I am made of.
 
*Cue Eye of the Tiger*

No comments: