Sunday, January 23, 2011

Pen Pal

I got home late on Friday night, but checked my mail on my way up to my apartment. I briefly glanced... a newspaper, tax statement, advertisement... nothing good. So, I tossed it on the table on got ready for bed. But, being the obsessive compulsive weirdo that I am, I couldn't leave the mail haphazardly thrown on the table... I had to toss the junk and put the important stuff in it's appropriate place. As I was doing so, a letter fell out of the newspaper... I almost tossed it!
On the envelope, in adorably gigantic letters, that literally took up the entire envelope was my name and address....
In the envelope was my first letter from my new friend Dan!
I could barely contain my excitement as I read through the two pages of preciousness from Dan... telling me about how his dog, Katie, and his cat, Sylvester, just got their rabies and distemper shots at the vet and how his mom made "fantastic raspberry jello" during the holidays!
He finished his letter letting me know that he would really like to hear back from me, but that he would "leave that choice up to me"...
And, do you know what I say to that! Give me a pen and paper, buddy! Emails are so boring, who doesn't like getting a letter in the mail?! I think this little pen pal partnership will be fun!
This is precisely the amount of random, craziness that makes my life so colorful!

No comments: