Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sigh Of Relief


Could you totally tell how optimistic I was on my last bloggity blog?? I was really actually feeling like that too. New year, new beginning... following an already pretty good one.
And, then yesterday, my world nearly stopped.
I don't know if you have ever been around me for more than 27 seconds, but I have an addiction. I know we have discussed my unconditional love for lip gloss and coffee... but in addition to those beautiful things, I heart my Blackberry. It is the old school one, with the roller ball, too. I don't even care! I loved that elderly, beat up piece of shit like it was a child! In fact, it spent far more time with me than I would ever allow a child to.
And yesterday my roller ball just decided it was done rollin. Leaving me to watch that glaring, laughing star indicating I had 3, now 5, now 12 messages... when I went to bed there were 27 messages and each and every one I had to ignore.
Thankfully I was able to pull myself out of bed this morning even though my breath was shallow, and I found it hard to focus, I was able to retrieve the majority of the messages from my work email...
I was mourning my lifeline, my means of communication... but also thinking to myself, "Is this is?? Did I get to January 4th of 2011 and my great year is coming to an end?!". I know you must think I am being dramatic... but think about your child... and then think about that childs lips not being able to work! You know they want to tell you something... that they are hungry or tired or maybe just that they love you.... but instead, they just look at you with desire and longing in their eyes... but nothing falling out of their little nugget mouths.
Well, welcome to my world!!!
But, thanks to a little begging and a bribe of a lunch to my IT guy... by noon my proverbial heart started beating again.
Tonight, I will rest in peace... and maybe text ya in the morning!

2 comments:

Turbo said...

Charlie, you are a girl after my own heart. I'm a B-berry guy fa' life! I upgraded to the bold 9700 about 6 months ago, and it has a track pad instead of the ball. It's amazing. Just wanted to let you know that option is available. If you are married to the track-ball. I have perfectly good working blackberry curves in my desk drawer, that I would be happy to send you as backups, in case this ever happens again. Happy new year! One of these days we are going to come visit you and drink beer out of a glass boot.

CharlieGirl said...

I would love it! If you guys ever come to Des Moines, know ya have a friend to see and a glass boot full of the best German beer around waiting for ya!

I took the plunge and upgraded as well... no more track ball. Thanks so much for the offer of reinforcements, though:)

I hope you guys had an awesome NY's as well, loved the 2011 glasses!