Thursday, October 22, 2009

Highlight Reel

“I’m 6’2” and blonde.” Such a misleading description… Did you know eyebrows could be transparent?!



As he was practically batting his eyebrows, he told me what an “awesome, furry little guy” his cat is… Awoooooga!!! Awoooooga!!!! That is the sound of my gadar going off. And, no, it is not because he has a cat only; it started going off the very second I walked in the door . But, comments like that just served to confirm my suspicions. If only boys like that would admit it, because I happen to have the perfect male friend for him!



“I have twelve tickets to the Bears game on December 28th, if you want to go with…” Dude. We have not known each other for more than 47 minutes and you are asking me to go out of town with your friends and family??? Thank you, but I think I’ll pass. Furthermore, pointing out the fact that you are a football fan doesn’t increase your heterosexuality in my mind. Just sayin.




“Wow, I am glad you came back, I was hoping that there wasn’t a door back there by the bathrooms for you to escape!” That’s funny, because as it turns out, I was hoping there was. For the record, I wouldn’t leave my purse and phone though…



And, finally, a text message from 7:57 this morning…



BDG: So, you work close to Merle Hay, right?


Charlie-girl: Um, kind of… Off Douglas, near the Pilot Truck Stop.


BDG: Ah, I’ll stop by on my way to work? Or, would that be kind of creepy?


Charlie-girl: Um, yeah. That would be creepy.



Opportunity knocked. I answered. I looked blankly at the knocker and told him he was at the wrong house….

4 comments:

Josie said...

Thanks for the laugh Charlie! Sorry it didn't turn out to be the man of your dreams though:(

CharlieGirl said...

No worries, Josie! Served to be not only entertaining (if things like this didn't happen, I wouldn't have this blog), but also reiterated why I am happy with just me!!!

Unknown said...

That was stellar!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.