Sunday, September 20, 2009

Girls Night At The Races

Why Girl's Night at the races, you ask?!? Well, simply because we had never been, and what more of an excuse do you need for an adventure than that!


I was channeling my inner Baby from Dirty Dancing right here... awkwardly announcing "I brought the beer..." in order to fit in. Hey, beer to a race is more appropriate than watermelons to a dance! Give me some credit! Please note my completely inappropriate shoes... Inappropriate because they make my already ungodly tall ass about 4 inches taller... but also because they are not conducive to climbing bleachers or parking a mile a way from your destination. I am a genius, clearly.



My giant face and I were so excited to be there! It brought out childlike characteristics in me... like enthusiasm and apparently ignorance... as I announced loudly "So, is there a half time or something?!"




But any embarrassment was forgotten when I met this sexy man... or, um... goat... no, man, I think, definitely man. Men like this crack me up... the cajones on this guy as he and his friend confidently approach us to tell us they had been watching us since we had taken our seats when we first got there... then asked if they could have a picture... Really!? Of course, being the accommodating girl I am, I obliged. Always happy to please a goat, after all.


We did eventually make it back to watch some of the race and Ohhh EEMMMM GEEE... this happened! A real wreck. Right in front of me. See, here again, note the childlike characteristics... excitement and ignorance all rolled up into one. Yes, this is exciting, but there happens to be a person in that fast moving object that is on fire! So, rather than announce how effing awesome I think it is, I should take this into account and keep my mouth shut... and just secretly think it!

No comments: