Sunday, September 13, 2009

Abdalla

Abdalla is a cab driver here in Des Moines. He was our cab driver one night and was so nice that he became our "go to" cabbie. I have called him when there are huge cab lines and he is there in an instant... it is pretty fantastic.
Abdalla is so great, in fact, that there have been times when we call him even when we don't need a ride! We just call him to tell him we are good for the night. Now, I understand that calling the cab driver to say hi and let him know you won't be calling later might be a little weird... but when you find someone good, you just can't let that go!!
So, last night I am laying in bed and my text message goes off:
Abdalla: Do you still live in town?
CG: Hi doll!:) Yes, I also understand that these types of nicknames may be the reason for the late night text........ but, again, when you find good help.......ok, whatever, shut up. Quit judging me! Yep, I just haven't gone out for a while. April and I went to Ames today for the game, so I couldn't make it out tonight...
Abdalla: Oh, it's cool. I just missed you and wanted to make sure you were OK!

CG: Awe, thank you! So sweet! We will see you soon, I am sure.
Abdalla: OK! Keep smiling and have a wonderful night. Hopefully you won't have a hangover tomorrow!
I think that Yellow Cab Company should put Mr. Abdalla on a commercial and market their incredible attention to personal client attention........

No comments: