Friday, May 13, 2011

Snobberalla



It is no secret that I am crazy and that eating and drinking noises annoy me more than almost anything in the world...



Well, they may not be as bad as coughing and I tell you what... it is a veritable cough off in the cubes surrounding mine. By 8:07 this morning, I was contemplating stapling my finger to my leg so I could take my mind off of it.




So, to get away from it, I run over to a coffee shop during lunch, to either read or just sit, in a non infested environment, and stare at the wall.




I have a feeling though that they think I am bitchy.




The coffee shop people... not the people at work. I am a professional after all and keep my nausea and disdain to myself.





A guy that I work with comes here sometimes too, so I mentioned to him one day that it drove me nuts that my drink is always lukewarm because decaf is apparently not brewed as often.




And, really, why would it be. It is so dumb.




He, being the nice guy that he is, took it upon himself to mention it to the counter girl and asked her to start brewing fresh! So nice of him... pissed her right off, I am sure.





Anyway, so the second they see me strutting in... Uh huh, in my mind I strut... She puts a new pot on and then brings it out to me.





They also know that I like the chairs by the fire and for the fire to be on... one girl even asks if it is warm enough for me.




I hope that they understand that I am not really a total snob blob, that I am just stressed out... from the cesspool from which I am trying to find respite!

No comments: