Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Awkward

I had to meet my coworker in the hotel lobby this morning, so we could head to a meeting location together.



While I was waiting... drinking my decaf and reading a book... totally minding my own business... I noticed a young girl in a housekeeping uniform come over and start talking to a man working on his laptop nearby. He was about 45ish and she was about 20ish.



During the next five minutes or so, after eaves dropping on their conversation... I mean.. minding my own business... I learned that they both had significant others and that he traveled there every two weeks for work... I also learned that their relationship had warranted a call, to him, from her boyfriend that apparently didn't go well.



So, basically, this business man shacks up with the Cedar Rapids Hilton Housekeeper every two weeks. And, her boyfriend... who just recently got a job, and is making about $35K a year... doesn't really like it.



He must be still keeping it a secret from his girl. Very nice.



Please excuse me, while I go barf.



If you are going to talk about your private business.... please do not do it standing 3 feet away from me, you jack asses.


No comments: