Saturday, December 18, 2010

Touche



There are not a lot of things that I can complain about at my apartment complex... it has it's issues, but I love the area, so they are overlooked. Pretty much the only thing that pisses me off is the parking situation. It sucks ass.
If I get home after 7:00 at night, I can forget about parking anywhere close to the door. And, there was this one a-hole that always took up two spaces because he was a moron and couldn't make it between the lines. But, I took the liberty to help him out a bit and thankfully that is almost a non issue!
Well, last night, I got home at about midnight, which of course would mean that I would have to park forever away... but it was way to cold for all of that. So, I parked in the lined spot next to the handicap spot. You know the waste space, that provides extra room? There was no one parked in the handicap spot, so what was the extra room for, right?! And, since I was not actually parked in the handicap spot, I couldn't get a ticket, right?!
Well, I may not be able to get a ticket, but, turns out, I am now the recipient of my own little helpful hint letter!
This is what it says:
MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE TO PARK!
You neglected to read the signs and parked in the wrong category. Everybody has to live in this world, not just you. Exercise some consideration when you leave your large hunk of metal in this public space!
I TOTALLY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To which I respond...
Dear Letter Leaver:
While I am not sure I share your passion for making the world a "better place to park", you are right and I shouldn't have parked where I parked. In my defense, there actually wasn't a sign for that particular "category" as you refer to it.
You are also right that I am not the only one in this world and I should be more considerate. Have you been talking to my friend Rynoplasty? He always tells me the same thing... but it's usually not because I parked in the wrong category... he must also not share you passion for the betterment of world parking.
Anyway. The point is, I am sorry and unless it is like seriously, seriously cold out, I won't park in the waste space.
I do have just one request for you though... that large hunk of metal has a name. It's Camry. Show some respect.
Yours Truly - Charlie Girl!

No comments: